President; Guy Potter Benton; President Benton Addresses to the University Senate; 1902-11 [1A-F-4C]
President; Guy Potter Benton; Correspondence and Miscellany; 1892-1968; Box 1 [13A-A-3B]
1. Miscellaneous correspondence of Benton family members (n.d.)
2. Miscellaneous correspondence 1909-1926
3. Article "Where Americans Fail" (n.d.)
4. Correspondence during Benton's tenure as Superintendent of Schools at Fort Scott, Kansas 1892
5. Coorespondence during Benton's tenure as Chair of History and English at Baker University; Baldwin, Kansas 1897
6. Letter pertaining to San Francisco Earthquake, May 18, 1906
7. Commencement Address at Miami University (n.d.)
8. Correspondence, clippings, and papers pertaining to Miami University 1906-1911
9. Baccalaureate Sermon for the University of Vermont--"Assured Immortality" June 25, 1911
10. Correspondence, clippings, and papers pertaining to University of Vermont 1912-1916
11. Applemann, Anton--wartime problems
12. University of Vermont yearbook "The Ariel" 1914
13. Notebooks: European trip 1909-1910; Diary of second period of service with A.E.F. in France...Dec. 21, 1918-July 9, 1919
14. Clippings dealing with World War I 1917-1919
15. Coorespondence during Benton's World War I tour of duty; file 1 1917-1919
16. Coorespondence during Benton's World War I tour of duty; file 2 1917-1919
17. Coorespondence during Benton's World War I tour of duty; file 3 1917-1919
18. Papers dealing with Benton's work with the Educational Corps, A.E.F. 1917-1920
19. Writings pertaining to Guy Potter Benton's service with the YMCA in the A.E.F.
20. Meeting of the War Historical Bureau of the YMCA, Feb. 21, 1920
21. Report: Early Work "Formation of a Billeting Area" (n.d.)
22. Speech: William McKinley--The Man of a New Epoch" (n.d.)
23. Biographical sketch of Guy Potter Benton (n.d.)
24. Coorespondence and clippings pertaining to Benton's tenure as president of the University of the Philippines 1920-23
25. Coorespondence and clippings pertaining to the death of Guy Potter Benton 1927
26. Dixie Dugan cartoon; Sunday, Oct. 10, 1954
27. Holdings of the University of Vermont archives pertaining to Guy Potter Benton 1965-68.
28. Correspondence between Mrs. Higgins and University of the Phillipines, includes pictures
President; Guy Potter Benton; Correspondence and Miscellany; 1892-1956; Box 2 [13A-A-3C]
1. Acting President Edgar E. Brandon, 1910-11 (Correspondence with B.S. Bartlow)
2. Address to the Senate of the University of Vermont (1913)
3. An Address by Guy Potter Benton (President - University of Vermont) to the New England Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (1915)
4. Annual Report to Governor of Ohio (1910)
5. Bachelor, Jospeh M., Letters of reference for (1910)
6. Benton - Whitelaw Reid, (Correspondence concerning setting up scholarships)
7. Benton, Guy Potter, New President of the University of Vermont (Newspaper article, n.d.)
8. Benton Memorial Fund
9. Benton's Circular Letter to Students of Miami (Sept. 9, 1910)
10. Benton's Death (Copies of Newspaper Clippings, June 29, 1927)
11. Benton's Decline of the Boston University Presidency
12. Benton's Decline of the Boston University Presidency, (Newspaper Clippings, in Envelope)
13. Benton's Fleeting Performance: The Second and Last American at the Helm of the Filipino University
14. Benton's Gravestone (1930)
15. Benton's Inauguration as President of the University of the Philipines (December 1921)
15b. Mr. and Mrs. Max Higgens invitation to Guy Potter Benton's inauguration to the University of Phillipines (newspaper clippings, program, letters, photos)
16. Benton's Inauguration as President of the University of Vermont (1911)
17. Benton's Inauguration as President of the University of Vermont (1911) (Newspaper Clippings)
18. Benton's Last Day at Miami University, Letter from Benton (June 13, 1911)
19. Benton's Pension (Correspondence regarding Benton's ill health, 1925-27)
20. Benton's Questions regarding Boston University Presidency
21. Benton's Resignation as President of the University of Vermont (May 1919) (Newspaper Clippings)
22. Benton's Views of Establishing One Unifying University in California (1911)
23. Bishop Hall, Preliminary Correspondence Concerning the Construction of (1910)
24. Boston University (Statutes and Charters)
25. Boston University Presidency Correspondence [Benton being considered for ...] (Letters arranged chronologically, 1910), File #1
26. Boston University Presidency Correspondence [Benton being considered for ...] (Letters arranged chronologically, 1910), File #2
27. College Advisory Committee Meeting (1911)
28. "Dancing," (Correspondence regarding the evils of dance)
28a.Executive Order (No 57)(1910-11)
29. General Correspondence (1910) I
30. General Correspondence (1910) II
31. General Correspondence (1911) I
32. General Correspondence (1911) II
33. Hall of Fame Elector (1910)
34. "How to Reach our Boys and Girls," (Correspondence concerning Sexual Hygiene)
35. Hubbell, George A., President - Lincoln Memorial University (Letter asking Benton for pictures, drawings of Hepburn Hall and Auditorium)
36. Hughes, R.M., Correspondence (1910-11)
37. Hughes, R.M., Correspondence (1912)
38. Inaugural Address, University of Vermont (1911)
39. Leavitt Portrait (Correspondence concerning)
40. "The Moore Case" (1910-11) (Correspondence concerning the arrest and trial of Doctor Hugh M. Moore)
41. Murphy, David A., editor - "Oxford Herald"
42. National Association of State Universities (Transactions and Proceedings, 1917)
43. Newspaper Clippings (Various dates, 1910 - Benton's trip overseas; June 8, 1916 - Commencement Speaker at Miami)
44. 1912 Budget
45. Normal School at Bowling Green (1910) (Correspondence concerning location of ...)
46. Oxford College "Incident" (April, 1911)
47. Photos of Guy Potter Benton
48. Phrenocon Association (1910)
49. President - University of Vermont (Correspondence concerning Benton's selection as ...)
50. Reunion of Company B, 20th Ohio Infantry (Civil War Veterans)
51. Roudebush, Wallace -Letter from Benton (1923)
52. Service with American Expeditionary Force (1917-18)
53. Sherzer, Jane - Letter from Benton (1916)
54. Tobey, W.L., (Correspondence with Edgar E. Brandon re. Ohio State, Miami, Ohio University, etc.), (Feb, 1910)
54a. Leslie E. Bauzon, "Benton's Fleeting Performance (1921-1923)," in The First 75 Years. Quaton City: University of the Phillipines Press, 1985.
55. Vogt, Peter, Thesis Research Correspondence (1956)
56. Wildman, Banks John, "Wildman Case," (1911)
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-P; 1902-03; Box 1 [13A-A-4A]
1. Albert, C.J.
2. American Bible Co.
3. American Book Co.
5. Bader, H.S.
6. Bailey and Koerner, General Contractors
7. Baltimore and Ohio, Southwestern Railroad Co.
8. Barlsman, George, Architect
9. Barnes, Rev. C.W.
10. Becker, Rev. O.D.
11. Benton's Inauguration Address (September 18, 1902)
12. Benton's Inauguration (File of Materials, including programs)
13. Bishop, George, Bishop, J. and others
14. Bixler, Earl C.
15. Black, Rev. Rufus D.
16. Brasier, G.F.
17. Bulley and Andrews, General Contractors
19. Campbell, Rev. E. A.
20. Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad Co.
21. Class of 1903
22. Coffey, John, Lawyer
23. Cope, W. P., Principal - Hamilton High School
24. Coppock, Frank M., Lawyer
25. Cullen, J.A., Superintendent - Bowling Green, Ohio Schools
26. C - Miscellaneous
27. Dewey, John
28. Dial S. T., Superintendent - Lockland, Ohio Schools
29. Degrees, Honorary
30. Dolliver, Jonathan P., Senator
31. Drayer, W.H., Heating Contractor
32. Dyer, F. B., Dean
33. D - Miscellaneous
34. Earhart, W. S.
35. Ellis, Alston, President - Ohio University
36. Evans, Lyle S.
37. Excell, E. O.
38. E - Miscellaneous
39. Faulconer, Rev. H. W.
40. Findlay, Hyd., Press Brick Company
41. Fisher, Elam
42. Fisher, G. C.
43. Fisk Teacher's Agency
44. Frost, H. G., Butler County Board of Schools
45. F - Miscellaneous
46. Gaddis, C., Gaddis, E., and Gaddis, J.
47. Garthwait, F. M., Building Contractor
48. Ginn and Co., Publishers
49. Glenn, J. B., Lawyer
50. Gowdy, Rev. G. E.
51. Grant Construction Co.
52. G - Miscellaneous
53. Hall, G. S., President - Clark University
54. "Hamilton Evening Sun"
55. Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Co.
56. Hartmen, Enos. A.
57. Heath, D. C. and Company
58. Henn, John P., Sanitary Plumber
59. Hepburn, Charles M.
60. Herron John W., Board of Trustees
61. Hershey, O. G.
62. Hiner, R. W.
63. Hughes, Herbert N.
64. Hunt, Emory W., President - Dennison University
65. H - Miscellaneous
66. Irvin Paint and Glass Company
67. "The Interior"
68. I - Miscellaneous
69. Jenkins, Charles T., Cumberland City Academy
70. Jennings and Pyle, Publishing Agent, Western Methodist Book Co.
71. Jordan, David S., President - Stanford University
72. Joyce, Danell
73. J - Miscellaneous
74. Keppel, F. P., President - Columbia University
75. Kern, W. C. and Co.
76. Kilpatrick, J. A., Warren County Teacher's Institute
77. Klock, J. E.
78. K - Miscellaneous
79. Lantis, L. O., Field Representative, Miami Univ. Recruiter
80. Lee, Guy Carleton, Johns Hopkins University
81. Lloyd, T. C., Contractor and Builder
82. L - Miscellaneous
82. McClury, A.C. and Co.
83. McCord, Frank, Furniture dealer
84. MacDonald, John, editor - Western School Journal
85. McMahon, Lola P.
86. Mac/Mc - Miscellaneous
87. Macey, Fred and Co., Office furniture dealers
88. Marble, George W., "Ford Scott Tribune"
89. March, George C., Educational Publisher - Epworth League
90. Mason, Lewis and Co.
91. Mason, Perry and Co.
92. "Miami Student"
93. Monfort and Co., Publishers
94. Moore, David R.
95. Moore, John R., Lawyer
96. Moore Phillip N.
97. Morey, J. E., Lawyer
98. M - Miscellaneoussc
99. Neostyle Company
100. Nevin, Robert M., Congressman
101. Northwestern University
102. N - Miscellaneous
103. Ohio Centennial
104. Ohio Education Monthly;
105. Ohio Sunday School Association
106. Ohio, State of, Business Appropriations
107. Oxford, Village of, Business, etc.
108. O - Miscellaneous
109. Palmer, Walter B.
110. Pape, H. W.
111. Parrish, C. V., Hamilton Postmaster
112. Pathe, P. A.
113. Patton and Miller, Architects
114. Pence, A. M., Lawyer
115. Peirce, W. F., President - Kenyon College
116. Pittsburg Coal Co.
117. Potts, John O., editor - Michigan Christian Advocate
118. Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson-President
119. P - Miscellaneous
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, R-Z; 1902-03; Box 2 [13A-A-4B]
1. Ralston, Frank
2. Ramsey, William B.
3. Rapid Electric Co.
4. Reed, W.M., Lawyer
5. Remson, Ira, President - John Hopkins University
6. Requarth, F.A., Company, General Contractor
7. Rhodes Scholarship Program
8. Richard, Francis Gibson
9. Richards, J.C., Y.M.C.A.
10. Robinson, E.F., Red River Valley University
11. Rothschild, M.M., Letter Specialist
12. R - Miscellaneous
13. Schenk, Charles E.
14. Salary Schedules, Staff and Faculty - comparative to 12 other Universities
15. Sartain, Charles A.
16. Saxon, Eva, Stenographer
17. Schwartz, John, Superintendent of Seven Mile, Ohio Schools
18. Scribner's, Charles and Sons
19. Shaw, A.C., Doctor - Eaton, Ohio
20. Silver Burdett and Co.
21. Silver, Dr. D.R., Sidney, Ohio
22. Smith Premier Typewriter Co.
23. Smith, Webster S., Doctor - Dayton, Ohio
24. Southern Lyceum Bureau
25. Spade, E.R., University of Indiana
26. Spalding, A.G. and Bros., Athletic Account
27. Stephenson and Garrand Hardware
28. Strabridge Lithography Co.
29. S - Miscellaneous
30. Tappan, David S., Ex-President of Miami University
31. Thompson, E.P., Mathematics Department - Ohio State University
32. Thompson, William Oxley, President - Ohio State University
33. Thurston, Anna M., Teacher's Agency
34. Thwing, C.F., President - Case Western Reserve
35. Tobey, Walter L., Republican Publishing Co.
36. Tomphin, Arnold, Board of Trustees, Principal - Chicago Normal School
37. Trustees, Board of, Annual Report to
38. T - Miscellaneous
39. U - Miscellaneous
40. Van Deman, John N., Lawyer
41. V - Miscellaneous
42. Waters, A.F., Superintendent - Georgetown, Ohio Schools
43. Western Methodist Book Co.
44. Wheeler, Edgar, Parent of student
45. Winchell, C.E.C., Education Register
46. Winshy's, A.E., editor - "Journal of Education
47. Withrow, J.M., Board of Trustees
48. Wright, E.A., College Stationary
49. W - Miscellaneous
51. Y, Z - Miscellaneous
52. Albert, Charles H., Normal School
53. Alden, George H., History
54. Angell, Margaret C., Normal School
55. Austin, Grace A., Music
56. Bacon, Charles B., History and Economics
57. Balch, Ernst A.
58. Baldwin, Ernest H., History
59. Beard, Charles A., History
60. Beardsley, C., Economics and Sociology
61. Beattie, J.A., Dean - Normal College
62. Biggs, Richard J., Modern Languages
63. Bixler, W.S., History
64. Bowman, J.N., History
65. Buchner, E. Franklin, Pedagogy
66. Buntz, Alfrd J., History
67. Burgess, George K., Physics
68. Byrne, Lee, Classics
69. Cadwaladen, J.S., Normal School
70. Clark, F.H., Dean of Normal School
71. Cline, William T., History and Economics
72. Collins, W.H., History
73. Coerne, L.A., Music
74. Cutler, George W., Physical Culture
75. Darst, Warren
76. Davis, Calvin O., History and Economics
77. Davis, Eugene E., Music
78. Davis, Walter W.
79. Day, Harriet
80. Demorest, Fred C.
81. Dickason, J.H., Normal School
82. Donovan, J.L., Jr., History
83. Doubt, Thomas E., Physics
84. Downes, William E.D., Greek
85. Dunham, Maurice, Satire
86. Dunn, Arthur W., Economics and Sociology
87. Dwigth, C.A.S., Philosophy
88. Eastman, George R.
89. Eckles, W.A.
90. Easton, W.O., History
91. Elden, Wallace S., Satire
92. Evans, Jane R., Kindergarten
93. Fessender, Lewellah, Physical Culture
94. Foreman, C.J., History and Civics
95. Franklin, F.G., History and Economics
96. French, F.C., Psychology
97. Fulton, Eunice W., Elocution, Physics
98. Gibbes, David, Dean
99. Gidinhagen, Walter, History and Political Science
100. Gillette, John M., History
101. Griffith, E.W., Dean of Normal School
102. Griffith, Elmer C., History
103. Griswold, George C., History
104. Grover, H.R., Physics
105. Grunbine, H.C., English
106. Gunderson, Carl, Mathematics
107. Harding, William F., History and Economics
108. Harris, Anna V.
109. Harry, James W., History
110. Hart, Maynard M., Satire
111. Haynes, E.C.
112. Helm, W.W., Satire
113. Henry, Bertran C., Music
114. Hibbard, B.H., Economics and Sociology
115. Higbee, H.H., Physics
116. Hodges, Jaer B., Physics
117. Hagg, John L., Physics
118. Hopping, Roy, Mineralogy
119. Hoskinson, C.S.
120. Hubbell, G.S., Dean of Normal
121. Janes, Benjamin B., Physics
122. Karr, Grant, Dean of Normal
123. Keith, John H., Dean of Normal
124. Kleene, Gustane A., Sociology and Economics
125. Knight, Jack F., History
126. Koehler, Charles F., Dean of Normal
127. Lamper, G.H., History and Economics
128. Lauman, Paul de, Music
129. Leslie, A. von W., Classics
130. LeSourd, H.W.
131. Light, J.K., Dean of Normal
132. Lunderbaehl, J.P., Music
133. Leutscher, George, History and Economics
134. McCaskill, V.E., Dean of Normal
135. McCaughy, V.M., History
136. McClelland, T.J., Satire
137. McFarland, George A., Normal
138. McFarland, Raymond, Economics and History
139. McKay, Lida B, Dramatics
140. McNeal, Edgar H.
141. Mason, L.J., Gym
142. Maynard, A.B., Political Economy
143. Meyer, J. Frank, Physics
144. Miller, Charles F., History and Economics
145. Miller, J.W., Physics
146. Moore, Charlotte, English
147. Moore, Warren Irv, Classics
148. Morgan, E.M., jr., History
149. Morrison, F.M., Mathematics
150. Myers, E.H.; Myers, S.S.; Myers, W.S.
151. Oliphant, S.Grant, Satire
152. Palmer, Harriet C., Elocution and Physics
153. Parsons, Sonis A., Physics
154. Paullin, Charles O., History
155. Parker, S. Chester
156. Phelan, M.W., Economics and Sociology
157. Phillips, J.B., Economics and Sociology
158. Powell, Arthur
159. Rammelkam, C.H., History
160. Reigert, J.F., Dean of Normal School
161. Rhaton, A.L., Mathematics
162. Row, R.K., Dean of Normal of School
163. Schench, C.C., Physics
164. Scott, Colin A., Psychology
165. Shaffer, Harry M., Dean of Normal
166. Shaw, Roscoe H., Chemistry
167. Shetter, North W., Physical Culture
168. Small, M.H., Normal School
169. Smith, Charles M., Physics
170. Smith, Ellen J., History and Economics
171. Smith, Frank W., History
172. Spencer, Armand, Romance Languages
173. Starr, Wilbur F., Music
174. Stewart, George W., Physics
175. Strong, Edgar F., Economics and Sociology
176. Studley, D., Mathematics
177. Tanner, Aney E., Psychology and Philosophy
178. Tanner, E.P., History
179. Taylor, S.N., Physics
180. Thomas, John H., History
181. Thompson, Edwin E., Political Economy
182. Thurman, Rice, English
183. Tolman, Gilbert, Physics
184. Trendley, Frederick, Dean of Normal
185. Tuttle, W.R., History and Political Science
186. Van Bramm, P., Classics
187. Van Tyne, C.H., History
188. VanWie, C.B., Psychology
189. Waite, Emma S, Training
190. Waldorf, Lee, History
191. Walter, J.R.A., Satire and Greek
192. Watson, Floyd R., Physics
193. Weir, Samuel, Dean of Normal
194. Welle, Earl H., Physcial Culture
195. Wesselbury, Edward, Music
196. Weston, Nathan A., Economics and Sociology
197. Whatenecht, E.E., Dismissed Professor
198. Whitner, T. Carl, Music
199. Wilder, Helen A., English
200. Willard, James T., History
201. Wilson, C.A., Normal School
202. Wilson, G.M., History
203. Withers, John M., Dean of Normal
204. Wood, L.H., Geography
205. Young, J.S., Economics and Sociology
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-H; 1903-04; Box 3 [13A-A-4C]
1. Abrams, Rev. J.E.
2. Adams, H.L. - Superintendent Schools, Fayette County, Iowa
3. Alexander, John - Board of Ed. Eaton, Ohio
4. Allumbaugh, Harry T. - Prospective Student
5. Allyn and Bacon Publishers
6. American Book Co.
7. "The American Boy"
8. American Educational Co.
9. American Sunday School Union
10. Andrews, A.H. Co.
11. Annual Report (June 1904, Review of 1903-04 Year)
12. Anti-Saloon League, Ohio
13. Arnett, Rev. Henry F., Wilberforce University
14. Ayer, Fred C., Professor
15. Ayres, Charles, parent of Prospective student
16. Ayres, Howard, President - Univ. of Cincinnati
17. A - Miscellaneous
18. Balcer, John C, Prospective Student
19. Bancroft, C., Prospective Student
20. Banta, George, Phi Delta Theta
21. Barnes, Rev. Frank G.
22. Barnett, John C., Prosepctive Student
23. Barrow, Clyde, Student
24. Bashford, J.W., President - Ohio Wesleyan University
25. Bassett, T.J., President - Upper Iowa University
26. Bausch and Lomb Optical Co.
27. Bay, Margeret
28. Beacher, J.R., Supt. - Arcanum, Ohio Public Schools
29. Beals, Laura, Prospective Student
30. Beane, George S., Professor of Chemistry and Physics, Application
31. Beard, Clarence, Prospective Student
32. Bennett, Ella, Prospective Student
33. Bentley, William B., Chemistry Department - Ohio University
34. Beveridge, Albert J., United States Senator
35. Bing, P. Carleton, "U.I.U. Collegian"
36. Bingham, Guy M., Prospective Student
37. Bishop, Robert Hamilton, family
38. Black, Chester, Prospective Student
39. Bollinger, Clifford, Prospective Student
40. Bond, Willie C., Prosepctive Student
41. Bonham, C.B., Businessman and Teacher
42. Born, Charles N., Prospective Student
43. Bourne, A.P.
44. Bowen, D.M., Supt. - Fort Scott, Kansas Schools
45. Boyd, Clinton D., Prospective Student
46. Brandenburg, S.J., editor of "Miami Student"
47. Bratigan, E.S., Prospective Student
48. Bretnall, R.J., Principal - Wancoma, Iowa Schools
49. Brewer, David, Associate Justice - U.S. Supreme Court
50. Brewer, Orville, Manager - Teacher's Cooperative Association
51. Brown County's Report on Benton's Speech to Institute (Aug 10, 1904), News Clipping
52. Browne, L. C., Supt. - Licking County Schools
53. Browne, L. D., President - Preble County Board of School Examiners
54. Brown, Ralph M., Supt. - Troy, Ohio Schools
55. Brown, Waldo F., Prospective Student
56. Bruson, Martin, Prospective Student
57. B - Miscellaneous
58. Campbell, E. A., Pastor - Liberty, Indiana M.E. Church
59. Carpenter, W.B. Co. (Cincinnati)
60. Cartilage Company
61. Caswell, Mary, Secretary to President - Wellesley College
62. Caulkins, D.L., Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church
63. Chapman, James Madison, Miami Department of Public Speaking
64. Chedester, Emma B., Prospective Student
65. Cherington, E.H., Pastor - Urbana, Ohio Methodist Church
66. Chicago, University of, Miscellaneous
67. Chrisman, Oscar, Professor of Paidology - Ohio University
68. "Christian Observer"
69. "Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad Company"
70. Cloran, T., Prospective Student
71. Coffman, Rev. Leroy M.
72. Cole, T.R., Manager of Athletics - Upper Iowa University
73. Coleman, J.M., Adams County Bank
74. Couner, John S., Lawyer, Cincinnati; New England Society
75. Conroy, A.J. and Co., "Friendly Sons of St. Patrick"
76. Coppock, Frank M., Lawyer
77. Corey, Charles D., U.S. Express Co.
78. Corson, O.T., Editor - "Ohio Education Monthly"
79. Cox, Edwin B., Supt. - Xenia, Ohio Schools
80. Cox Sons Vininy, Academic Robes
81. Crane, F.S. and McGlennen, D.W., Advertising
82. Creager, J. Oscar, President - National Normal University
83. Cribbs, L.S. and Ira, Prospective Stuents
84. Croxall, Miss Georgia, Prospective Student
85. Culbertson, Gerald, Prospective Student
86. Culler, J.A., Supt. - Bowling Green, Ohio Schools
87. Curtis, Rev. Henry M.
88. C - Miscellaneous
89. Dabney, C.W., President - University of Tennessee
90. Danford, Frank A., Prospective Student
91. Davenport, Ray, Prospectie Student
92. Davis, C.B., Applicant for Faculty position
93. Delaplaine, Florence, Prospective Student
94. Derek, Frank, Student
95. Dial, S.T., Supt. - Lockland, Ohio Schools
96. Dilley, Frank, Prospective Student
97. Dobbins, John F., Dayton National Bank
98. Dodge, F.W. Co., Construction Reports
99. Doerfer, Louise, Applicant for Faculty Position
100. Dollinger, Lee A., Miami County Board of School Examiners
101. Donald, F.C., Eastern Passenger Association
102. Doty, E.W., Chief Clerk - Ohio House of Representatives
103. Downey, J.A., Professor
104. Drayer, W.H., Heating System
105. Dunn, A.E., "The Methodist," Advertising
106. Dye, C.H., Former faculty member
107. D - Miscellaneous
108. Eggleston, Dora F., Prospective Student
109. Electric Gas Lighting Co.
110. Elliott, Carrie., Prospective Student
111. Elliott, Charles H. and Co., Engravers
112. Ellis, Alston, President - Ohio University
113. Embry, Rankin B., Prospective Student
114. Epworth League
115. Evans, Charles L., Former Student
116. Evans, E.F., Student Recruiting
117. Evans, Lyle S., lawyer
118. Evans, Mae, Prospective Student
119. Evans, N.W., Ohio Historian
120. E - Miscellaneous
121. Farrell, J.S. and Co., Heating and Plumbing
122. Ferguson, John B., Professor and former student
123. Fisher, Elam, Judge - eaton, Ohio
124. Flannery, M. Jay, Supt. - Sabina Schools
125. Foraher, J.B., United States Senator
126. Foster, Jean M., Prospective Student
127. Franklin County Iron Workers
128. Frasier, S.W., Former Student
129. Frost, H.G., President - Butler County Board of School Examiners
130. F - Miscellaneous
131. Gaddis, E.S., Epworth Association
132. Gaines, Bernard C., Prospective Student
133. Garster, J.H., Applicant for position in Music Department
134. Gerber, David F., Student Recruting
135. Gieringer, Cliff, Prospective Student
136. Gilbert, Levi, Editor - "Western Christian Advocate"
137. Glenn, W.W., Physician
138. Gobin, Hillary A., President - Depauw University
139. Godfrey, Calvin P., Ohio Senator
140. Good, H. Lee, General Secretary, Y.M.C.A.
141. Goodyear - Marshall Publishing Co.
142. Gray, George A.
143. Griener, Harry L., Prospective Student
144. G - Miscellaneous
145. Hadsel, F.L.
146. Haines, Reva A.
147. Halfhill, C. W.
148. Hall, C., Applicant for position in Music Department
149. Halsema, J.C., Student
150. Halstead, Nettie G., Steam Heating Company
151. Hanna, Mark A., United States Senator
152. Hapgoods Inc.
153. Haiding, J.E.
154. Harding, Warren G., Lt Governor - Ohio [Correspondence from Harding sent to Special Collections 2/95]
155. Harris, J. Milton, Prospective Student
156. Harris, Walter C., Alumnus (1891)
157. Harry, J.E., University of Cincinnati
158. Harsha, J.W., Pastor - Oxford Presbyterian Church
159. Hart, Walter, Prospective Student
160. Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection Industrial Co.
161. Hartle, Elmer, Prospective Student
162. Hathaway, Paul D., Prospective Student
163. Hay, John, United States Secretary of State.
164. Hayes, E.C., Committee on Temperance
165. Haynes, Lon W., Y.M.C.A.
166. Haynes, Major R.A., Miami Military Institute (Pennsylvania)
167. Heath, D.C. and Co., Publisher
168. Heath, A.B., Supt. - Eldorado, Ohio Schools
169. Heizer, Wade, Prospective Student
170. Hepburn Hall Cornerstone Laying (Nov. 7, 1904)
171. "Herald and Presbytery", Cincinnati
172. Hershey, O.G., Supt. - Jeffersonville, Ohio Schools
173. Herron, John W., President - Miami's Board of Trustees
174. Hibbert, Mary K., Prospective Student
175. Higgin Manufacturing Co.
176. Hill, E. Vernon, Miami University Secretary, 1903-1907
177. Hill, Edith D., Prospective Student
178. Hoffman, G.W., Prospective Student
179. Hoffman, Harry S., Epworth League
180. Holaday, C.R., Parent of Student
181. Holbrook Bros.
182. Holt, Henry and Co., Publisher
183. House, Roy T., French Teacher - St. Louis, Missouri
184. Howe, Charles S., President - Case School of Applied Science
185. Hughes, Francis L., Applicant for Dean of Women position
186. Hughes, P.M., Director - High Schools of Washington, D.C.
187. Hughes, Richard, President - Ripon College
188. Hughes, W.B., Prospective Student
189. Hull, Herbert, Prospective Student
190. Hunt, Edna, Prospective Student
191. Hunt, Emory, President - Dennison University
192. Hunt, Samuel F., Judge
193. Huthchinson, B.W., President - Genessee Western Seminary
194. Hutchinson, Katherine I., Job applicant
195. H - Miscellaneous
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, I-Q; 1903-04; Box 4 [13A-A-5A]
1. "The Interior"
2. Irvin Paint and Glass Co., Dayton, Ohio
3. I - Miscellaneous Correspondence
4. Jahn and Ollier Engraving Co.
5. James, Cecil Gordon, student
6. James, M.E., parent of Cecil James
7. Jennings, Stanley, Afro-American student
8. Jewitt, L.M., Lawyer
9. Jones, J. Paul, editor - "The Steele Review"
10. Jones, J.R., (President - Wilberforce University)
11. Joslyn, Katherine, Prospective student
12. Joyce, Daniel, Superintendent - Hamilton, Ohio Schools
13. J - Miscellaneous Correspondence
14. Ketchum, Rev. Heber D.
15. King, Harry A.
16. King, Henry Churchill, President - Oberlin College
17. King, Rellia, Prospective student
18. Kinnett, Luther, Prospective student
19. Kinsey, John Jr., student
20. Kinsinger, Hugo J., Prospective student
21. Klingenhagen, Anna M., applicant for Dean of Women position
22. Kochenderfer, C.C., Prospective student
23. Koeper, Landry L., Prospective student
24. Kraft, May L., Prospective student
25. Kramer Brothers, General Merchandise
26. Krammes, B.B., Coal Co.
27. Kratochwill, Joseph, Prospective student
28. Kumler, Rev. J.P.E.
29. K - Miscellaneous Correspondence
30. Lamm, Harry, Prospective student
31. Lantis, L.O., Field Representative, Student recruiter
32. Lantis, Vernon, Prospective student
33. Lester, Will, student
34. Leibley, J., Prospective student
35. Leiserson, William, Prospective student
36. LeSourd, Rev. Marion
37. Lightcap, Francis, Prospective student
38. Lighter, W.R., Superintendent - Centerville, Ohio Schools
39. Lodge, Henry Cabot, United States Senator
40. Long, C. Ford, University Inn
41. Lord, Miss Eleanor C., Applicant - Dean of Women position
42. Lucas, Louise, Prospective student
43. Lucas, Walter, Prospective student
44. Luccock, Rev. Joseph
45. Lycennite Business
46. Lyle, Frank, Prospective student
47. L - Miscellaneous
48. McAlevaine, C.H., Chair - Miami Univ. History Department
49. McCain, Margaret, Prospective student
50. McCay, Robert, Manager - School and College Bureau
51. MacLean, George E., President - State University of Iowa
51. McCord, Frank, Furniture Dealer - Oxford
52. MacDonald, John, editor - "Western School Journal"
53. MacDonough, Fayette H., Ohio Wesleyan University
55. MacGrady, John H.
56. McKee, Leila S., President - Western College
57. McLachin, L.E., Y.M.C.A.
58. MacLean, George E., President - State Univ. of Iowa
59. McNiece, Martha, Prospective student
60. MacNutt, Barry, Physics Professor - Lehigh University
61. McPherson, W., Professor - Ohio State Univ.
62. Mac/Mc - Miscellaneous Corresponence
63. Macey, Fred Co. Ltd., Office Furniture
64. Mappin, Lilian, Applicant - Dean of Women position
65. March Brothers, Educational Publishers
66. Markey, Amos, Student
67. Markey, E.B., Student
68. Martin, A.E., Superintendent - Covington, Ohio Schools
69. Martin, William H., Prospective student
70. Maysilles, A.A., Superintendent - Montgomery County, Ohio Schools
71. Meels, Homer, Student
72. Meyers, C.C., Office of State Commission of Common Schools
73. Meyers, Fred J., Mfg Co. Wire Gods
74. Miller, Charles E., President - Heidelberg University
75. Miller, E.P., Prospective student
76. Miller, Mae, Prospective student
77. Miller, Noble, Teacher
78. Miller Lock Company
79. Millikin, Grace, Prospective student
80. Minnich, Harvey C., Dean - Normal School
81. Missouri, University of, President's Office
82. Mitchell, Charles Bayard, Pastor - First United Methodist Church
83. Monfort and Co., Printers
84. Montgomery, Clark B., Teacher's College Controversy
85. Montgomery, Rev. Willis W.
86. Moore, Caroline, Applicant - Dean of Women position
87. Moore, Rev. David R.
88. Moore, F.C. Paper Co.
89. Moore, G., Parent of student
90. Moore, Marie, Teacher (Alumnae)
91. Moorehead, W.G., Xenia Theological Seminary
92. Morrison, Sarah P., Prospective student
93. Murphy, David A., United States Post Office
94. Murphy. Josephine, Prospective student
95. M - Miscellaneous Correspondence
96. Nash, George K., Governor of Ohio
97. National Railway Publications Co.
98. Neutzenholder, Edward, Prospective student
99. Nevin, R.M., United States Congressman
100. Newman, Harry M., Student
101. Newman, J.H., Parent of Harry Newman
102. N - Miscellaneous Correspondence
103. O'Connor, Hon. Joseph S., Alumnus
104. "Ohio Sunday School Worker"
105. Ohio University Payroll, copy of
106. Oliver, John C., Dean - Miami Medical College, Cincinnati
107. Ortega, V., Student from Santo Domingo
108. Oxford, Village of, Miscellaneous Business
109. Owen, Ollie, Prospective student
110. O - Miscellaneous Correspondence
111. Palmer, Myrtle, Student
112. Palmer, Walter B., Department of Labor
113. Parrish, Hon. C.V., Hamilton, Ohio Postmaster
114. Parrish, Lee N., Insurance Agent
115. Partington, W.E., Ohio Assemblyman, student
116. Patterson, J.R., Chapel Building Negotiations
117. Patton and Miller, Architects - Girls Dormitory (Hepburn Hall)
118. Patton, Richard, Prospective student
119. Payroll, Miami University, (September - April, 1903-04)
120. Pence, Abraham M., Lawyer
121. Pence, Edna, Prospective student
122. Pence, Elizabeth Mary, Applicant - Dean of Women Position
123. Perkins, Emma M., Dean of Women - Western Reserve Univ.
124. Peters, Arms and Sporting Goods Co.
125. Petry, Emory
126. Pettington, George H., Methodist pastor
127. Phillipine Islands, Miscellaneous
128. Pittsburg Coal Co.
129. Plummer, E.A., Superintendent - Rising Sun, Ohio Schools
130. Powell, Arthur, Superintendent - Middletown, Ohio Schools
131. Purdin, Lee, Prospective student
132. Pye, Alred and Robert, Parent and student
133. P - Miscellaneous Correspondence
134. Q - Miscellaneous Correspondence
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, R-Z; 1903-04; Box 5 [13A-A-5B]
1. Race, J.H., President - Grant University (Tennessee)
2. Randall, Edwin, President - Univ. Puget Sound
3. Ray, W.E., Superintendent - Colby, Kansas Schools
4. Ready, Agnes C., Prospective student
5. Reeder, Cecile, Prospective student
6. Reid, Whitelaw, editor - "New York Tribune"
7. Reighley, H.H., Superintendent - Adams County Schools
8. Reiterman, Lloyd, Student
9. Revelle, Flemming H. Co.
10. Richardson, Maymie, Student
11. Riese, B.F., Manager - Book Store
12. Riley, Thomas James, Applicant for faculty position
13. Rinehart, F.E., President - Preble County Board of Exams
14. Roberts, F.W. Co., Printing and Office Supplier
15. Robinson, C.K., Alumnus
16. Robinson, E.P., Alumnus
17. Robinson, Erastus, Parent of a suspended student
18. Robinson, Fannie R., President - Oxford College
19. Robinson, J.C., Prospective student
20. Rodabaugh, Harry R. and Amanda, Students
21. Rogers, James W., Prospective student
22. Rogers, W.P., Dean - Cincinnati Law School
23. Rohr, Ethel, Secretary - Heidelberg University
24. Rosnagle, Ernest, Prospective student
25. Rothschild, M.M. Letter Co.
26. Runser, R.A., Prospective student
27. Runyan, Ruby, Student
28. R - Miscellaneous Correspondence
29. Sawyer, Mary, Dean - Western College
30. Schenck, Rev. Charles E.
31. Schweigart, Elbert, Student
32. Scott, Walter B., Prospective student
33. Scribners, Charles Sons, Publishers
34. Selby, Miss Eda, Professor (Alumnae, 1901; M.A., 1905)
35. Shanck, Albert B., English and Classics School - Dayton
36. Sharkey, J.P., Superintendent - Van Wert, Ohio Schools
37. Sharp, Ben C., Student
38. Shelton, C.E., President - Simpson College
39. Sherger, Anne, Applicant - Dean of Women position
40. Shuman, William M., Prospective student
41. Silver, D.R., Doctor - Sidney, Ohio
42. Simpson, Rev. E.C.
43. Slater, Mark, Superintendent of Public Printing
44. Smith, Hinckley, Lawyer
45. Smith, John B., President - Mary Allen Seminary
46. Smith Premier Typewriter Co.
47. Smith, Thomas G., Engineer
48. Smith, Webster, Parent of student
49. Smith, Miscellaneous
50. Soule, O.M., Superintendent - Franklin Schools
51. Southwick, John, Parent of Ernest, a student
52. Spalding, A.G., Athletic account
53. Stabler, Alvin K., Pastor G.M.E. Church - Norwood, Ohio
54. Stover, Ethel, Prospective student
55. Strobridge Lithographing Co.
56. Strong, Frank, Chancellor - University of Kansas
57. Sevan, E.A. and Lawrence, Parent and student
58. Swartz, J.W., Superintendent - Tippecanoe Schools
59. S - Miscellaneous
60. Tallman, Lester, Prospective student
61. Taylor, Henry C., Ohio Legislator (Appropriations)
62. Taylor, John W., President - Vassar College
63. Taylor, Mary B., Student
64. Thalman, John W., Principle - Riley, Ohio Schools
65. Thirlsield, W.P., M.E. Church
66. Thomas, C.E., Superintendent - Mendon, Ohio Schools
67. Thompson, C.W., Parent of student
68. Thompson, George C., Parent of student
69. Thompson, John E., Parent of student
70. Thompson, W.O., President - Ohio State University
71. Thurston, Gates P., Alumnus
72. Thwing, Charles W., President - Case Western Reserve
73. Tobey, Walter L., Board of Trustees member
74. Torrey, Elizabeth C., Applicant - Dean of Women position
75. Treadley, Frederick, Professor - Ohio University
76. Trowbridge, C.H., Manual Training School - Washington, D.C.
77. Tudor, Cora W., Matron of Woman's Dormitory
78. Turner, Lulu, Prospective student
79. T - Miscellaneous Correspondence
80. U - Miscellaneous Correspondence
81. Van Denan, John, Judge - Dayton, Ohio
82. V - Miscellaneous Correspondence
83. Walker, Rhetta D., Prospective student
84. Ward, John A., Pastor - College Corner, Ohio
85. Warnoch, James C., Pastor - College Corner, Ohio
86. Waters, A.F., Superintendent - Georgetown, Ohio Schools
87. Weinland, C.R., Superintendent - West Ellston Schools
88. Wellman, Walter, Correspondent - "Chicago Record Herald"
89. West, Carl J., Prospective student
90. West, Emma, Prospective student
91. West, Thornton, National Press Association
92. Western Methodist Book Concern
93. Western Passenger Association
94. White, Charles M., Prospective student
95. White Mantel and Tile Co.
96. W - Miscellaneous Correspondence
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-F; 1904-05; Box 6 [13A-A-5C]
1. Abrahms, J.E., Pastor - Urbana Methodist
2. Alben, Charles E., Clerk - U.S. Senate Committee
3. Alpha Delta Phi Fraternity
4. American Book Co.
5. Anderson, William F., Corresponding Secretary - New York Methodist Episcopal Church
6. Andrews, A.H. Co., Furniture
7. Andrews and Harlan, Lawyers
8. Angell, James, President - University of Michigan
9. Angell, Margaret, Professor - Normal School
10. Annual Report, 1905
11. Arn, Elmer R., Prospective student
12. Arnold, Henry W., Detroit Y.M.C.A.
13. Arnold, Perry, Prospective student
14. Austin, Rev. A.B., Greenville, Ohio
15. A - Miscellaneous Correspondence
16. Baker, John, Former student
17. Balch, Ernest, Northwest Mutual Life Insurance
18. Baldwin, John, Prospective student
19. Balliet, Thomas, Dean, New York University
20. Ballinger, Jno. and Horace, Parent and student
21. Barnes, Frank G., President - Grand Prairie Seminary
22. Barnett, Earl, Student
23. Bashford, J.W., Bishop - M.E. Church
24. Bassett, Laura, Prospective student
25. Beacher J.R., Superintendent - Arcanum Schools
26. Becker, O.D., Pastor - Ross, Ohio M.E. Church
27. Belt, Leroy, President - Ohio Northern University
28. Bennett, A.E., Professor - Cornell University
29. Bentley, Henry, Lawyer
30. Bernstein, Jill, Prospective student
31. Bernstein, Mfr. Co., Furniture
32. Billings, J.S., Lawyer and Director of New York Public Library
33. Bishop, Julia L., Teacher (Registrar of Miami University 1907-13)
34. Bixler, W.E., Pharmacist
35. Bliss, G.A., Professor, Math Department - Normal School
36. Blodgett, Charles M., Pastor - St. Paul's M.E. Church, Cincinnati
37. Bonham, C.B., Businessman and teacher
38. Bonham, Llewellyn, Engineer, Oxford, Ohio
39. Born, Charles C., Student
40. Bowman, Earl, Prospective student
41. Bradford, J.E., History Professor - Miami University
42. Brandenburg, S.J., Professor and Alumnus
43. Brandon Edgar Ewing, Chair - French Department, Miami University
44. Breitenbecher, Joseph K., Prospective student
45. Brewer, Orville, Manager - Teacher Cooperative Association
46. Brigham, Nat M., Lecturer
47. Brill, Harvey C., Student
48. Brown - Miscellaneous
49. Brunbaugh, E. Vane
50. Bryan, Wm. L., President - Indiana University
51. Bryant, D.C., Superintendent - St. Paris, Ohio Schools
52. B - Miscellaneous Correspondence
53. Caldwell, O.D., Parent of Student (Ben)
54. Cameron, J.B., Student
55. Carnegie, Andrew
56. Case, Evelyn, Prospective Student
57. Central Passenger Association
58. Champlin Printing Co.
59. Chaney, N.H., President - Ohio State Teacher's Association
60. Chesire, W.W.
61. Chrisman, Oscar, Chairman - Allied Education Association
62. Church, A.B., President - Buchtel College
63. Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad
64. Cincinnati and Pere Marquette System
65. Cincinnati and Suburban Bill Telephone Co.
66. Clarke, Mary A., Carleton College
67. Clarke, Robert Co., Publishers
68. Coddington, E.F., Applicant - Math Department, Miami University
69. Coit, Arthur C., Coit Lyceum Bureau
70. Coleman, David R., Alumnus
71. Conger, Rev. C.L., Springfield, Ohio
72. Conroy, A.J. and Co., Furniture
73. Cook, Drathea, Epworth League
74. Cook, Frank T., Prospective Student
75. Copeland, C.H., Prospective Student
76. Coppock, Frank M., Lecturer
77. Corson, O.T., editor - "Ohio Education Monthly"
78. Coulten, Charles, Alumnus (1901)
79. Cox, Edwin B., Superintendent - Xenia, Ohio Schools
80. Craig, E.M., Professor - Clinton County Schools
81. Crander, Henry, Student
82. Crane and McGlenen, College Agents
83. Cranston, Earl, Bishop - M.E. Church, Washington, D.C.
84. Crawford, A.W., Applicant - Philosophy Department
85. Crist, R.W., Superintendent - Miami County Schools
86. Croll, W.H.
87. Culler, Joseph A., Professor pf Physics - Miami University
88. Cunningham, Fred, Prospective Student
89. C - Miscellaneous Correspondence (Ca - Cl)
90. C - Miscellaneous Correspondence (Cl - Cy)
91. Dabney, Charles, W., President - University of Cincinnati
92. Daggett, Windsor P., Applicant - Public Speaking Department
93. Darrow, L.D., Director - Manual Training School
94. Davis, Anna M., Prospective Student
95. Davis, Jessie, Student
96. Davis, John M., President - Rio Grande College
97. Day, Jesse E. Student
98. Day, Laura G., Director - Art Teachers, Stout Training Schools
99. Decker, Charles, Student
100. Degrees, Honorary
101. Dial, S.T., Suprintendent - Lockland, Ohio Schools
102. Dille, Frank L., Prospective student
103. Dobson, Rev. F.F., College Corner, Ohio
104. Dollinger, Lee A., Miami County Board of School Examiners
105. Dolliver, J.P., United States Senator
106. Drayer, W.H., Steam and Hot Water Heating
107. Droppers, Ganett, President - University of North Dakota
108. Dunn, A.E., Advertising Manager - Christian Magazines
109. Dyer, Frank R., State Superintendent of Schools - State of Kansas
110. D - Miscellaneous Correspondence
111. Eastman, George R., Trustee, Teacher
112. Eckelberry, J. Walter, Student
113. Edwards, Colonel C., War Department
114. Elliott, Charles H. Co., Engineering Firm
115. Ellis, Alston, President - Ohio University
116. Ellis, Horace, President - Vincennes University
117. Ellis, Wade H., Attorney General - State of Ohio
118. Ellsworth, Homer, Prospective student
119. "The Enquirer," Cincinnati, Ohio Newspaper
120. Evans, J.C., Pastor - Chillicother, Ohio
121. Evans, Lyle S., Lawyer
122. Evans, Mary, President - Lake Erie College
123. Evans, Nelson W., Lawyer
124. E - Miscellaneous Correspondence
125. Fairbanks, Charles W., Vice President of the United States
126. Ferguson, John B., Former Student
127. Fess, S.D., Professor - University of Chicago
128. Fink, Clara C., Student
129. Fisher, Clyde, Editor - "Miami Student"
130. Fisher, Elam, Judge - Eaton, Ohio
131. Fisher, George D. and Louis, Parent and Student
132. Fisk, Herbert F., Teacher's Agency and Department of Pedagogy - Northwestern University
133. Fitzgerald, W.T., Doctor - Greenfield, Ohio
134. Floyd, J.C., Missionary Society, M.E. Church
135. Fogarty, W.S., Superintendent - Fairhaven, Ohio Schools
136. Football Team, Miami University (1904), Roster of Players
137. Ford, Edith W., Prospective Student
138. Foster, Leonard, Student
139. Franklin Iron Works
140. Frayier, George E., Professor - University of Kansas
141. Fritzell, William G., Lawyer
142. Frost, H.G., President - Butler County Board of School Examiners
143. Fullerton, Rev. George H.
144. F - Miscellaneous Correspondence
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, G-R; 1904-05; Box 7 [13A-A-6A]
1. Gable, George D., Professor of Math - Parsons College
2. Gaddis, Laura M., Prospective student
3. Galloway, Todd B., Secretary to Governor
4. Garrett, W.K., Prospective Student
5. Gaskill, D.L., Lawyer and Board of Trustee Member
6. Gates, Arthur L., Applicant for Faculty position
7. Geckler, O.T., Applicant for Math Department
8. Geissinger, James A., Pastor - Mt. Auburn M.E. Church
9. Godard, A.H., General Secretary - Central Y.M.C.A.
10. Gowdy, Rev. George
11. Greaser, Blaine, Prospective student
12. Green, J.N., Evangelical Alliance
13. Gries, J.M., Student
14. Gunsaulus, Frank W., President - Armour Institute
15. G - Miscellaneous
16. Hall, Arthur G., Chair - Math Department
17. Hall, Stanley, President - Clark University
18. Halsted, George B., Professor - Kenyon College
19. Hamilton, Elizabeth, Dean of Women
20. Hapgoods, Inc.
21. Hardy, Janes G., Math Department - Williams College
22. Hardy, J.J., Math Department - Lafayette College
23. Harris, Andrew, Alumnus, Candidate for Lt. Governor
24. Harter, Eugene C., Prospective student
25. Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Co.
26. Hartle, A.V., Parent of student
27. Hayes, Edward C., Professor - Sociology and Economics
28. Hayes, P.H., Prospective student
29. Haynes, Charles E., Spring Lake Farm
30. Haynes, Jessie, Prospective student
31. Haynes, R.A., Miami Military Institute
32. Hepburn, Charles M.
33. Herrick, Myron T., Governor of Ohio
34. Herrod, John W., Trustee of Miami University
35. Hier, Clarence, Secretary of Class of 1905
36. Hiett, Etta, Student
37. Hikox, Mabe, Student
38. Hill, E. Vernon, President's Secretary
39. Hinkle, Edgar E., Applicant - Math Department
40. Hippensteel, H.S., Superintendent - Eaton, Ohio Schools
41. Hodges, P. Henry, Prospective student
42. Hoffman, Rev. O.P.
43. Holden, Louis Edward, President - Wooster College
44. Holgate, W.I., Dean - Northwestern University
45. "Home Study Journal"
46. Hopping, Agnes, Prospective student
47. House, R.T., St. Louis High School
48. Howell, T.V. and Son Co., Dry Goods (Linens and Towels)
49. Huffman, I.E., Ohio General Assembly
50. Huggert, W.S., Salem Academy
51. Hughes, Herbert M., Professor - University of Cincinnati
52. Hughes, Raymond M., Chemistry Department - Miami University
53. Hunt, Emory W., President - Denison University
54. Huntington, W.E., President - Boston University
55. Husted, Albert
56. Huston, Paul G., Applicant - English Department
57. Hutchinson, Rev. B.W.
58. H - Miscellaneous (Ha - He)
59. H - Miscellaneous (Hi - Hy)
60. "The Interior"
61. Ireton, John and George, Parent and Student
62. Irvin Paint and Glass Co.
63. I - Miscellaneous
64. James, A.W.
65. James, E.J., President - University of Illinois
66. James, M.E., Parent of Cecil James, student
67. James, William H.
68. Jansen, Andrew, Student
69. Jenkins, C.T., Missouri Military Academy
70. Jenkins, Percy, Student
71. Jenney, Herbert, Lawyer
72. Jesse, R.H., President - University of Missouri
73. Johnson, Lilian W., President - Western College
74. Johnston, Chester, student
75. Jones, Edmund A., State Commissioner of Schools
76. Jones, George M., Secretary to Oberlin University's President
77. Jones, J.E., President - Wilberforce University
78. Judd, C.H., Yale University
79. Judson, Harry P., Dean - University of Chicago
80. J - Miscellaneous
81. Kanawha Fuel Co.
82. Keppel, Herbert, Math Department - Northwestern University
83. Kershner, W.E., Superintendent - Columbus Grove, Ohio Schools
84. Ketchum, Heber D., Missionary Society - M.E. Church
85. King, A.H., Professor - Kansas Wesleyan University
86. King, Harry A., M.E. Church - Maine
87. Kinsey, John, Alumnus, High School Principal
88. Kitchel, C.L., Bureau of Apptr. - Yale University
89. Klingenbagen, Anna, Applicant - Dean of Women
90. Knickerbocher Publishing Co.
91. Krishner, Howard P., Prospective student
92. K - Miscellaneous
93. Lantis, L.O., Field Representative, Miami Student Recruting
94. Leist, Joseph, Student
95. Leiter, W.H, Vice-President - Montgomery County School Examiners
96. Lyceumite Business (Miscellaneous)
97. L - Miscellaneous
98. McCaffery, Leo, Student
99. McClure, C.W., Miami Valley Chatauqua
100. McCord, Frank, Furniture dealer, Oxford
101. McCormick, S.B., Chancellor - Western University
102. McCray Refrigerator Co.
103. McCullough, N.C., Parent of Prospective student
104. McIlwain, Charles H., History Department - Miami University
105. McIver, Charles, President - North Carolina State University at Greensboro
106. McKay, Sarah, Epworth League
107. MacLean, George E., President - State University of Iowa
108. McLaughlin, Charles, Student Recruiting
109. McMichael, T.H., President - Monmouth College
110. McVeu, H.E., Superintendent - Sidney, Ohio Schools
111. Mc/Mac - Miscellaneous
112. Mahaffey, Pearl, Student
113. Manchester, James E., Professor - University of Minnesota
114. Manning, Henry P., Professor - Brown University
115. March Brothers, Educational Publishers
116. Markey, Amos, Suspended student
117. Martin, Mary Belle, Student
118. Mead, A.R., Superintendent - McClure, Ohio Schools
119. Meck, W.H., President - Ohio State Board of School Examiners
120. Methodist Church
121. Miller, C.C., Superintendent - Lima, Ohio Schools
122. Miller, Charles E., President - Heidelburg University
123. Miller, D.C., Grain Company
124. Miller, Edward, Student
125. Miller, Newman, University of Chicago Press
126. Minnich, Harvey C., Dean of Miami Normal School
127. Montgomery, Clark, Chair - Board of Review
128. Montgomery, J. Knox, President - Muskingum College
129. Montgomery, R.A., Pastor - Xenia Presbyterian Church
130. Moomaw, P. Ray, Student
131. Moore, Rev. David R.
132. Moore, Hugh M., Doctor - Oxford
133. Morris, Agnes Hope, Secretary/Treasure - Oxford College
134. Morris, G.A., Y.M.C.A.
135. Mott, J.R., Y.M.C.A.
136. Munay and Co., Tents, Flags and Awnings
137. Murlin, L.H., President - Baker University
138. Murphy, David A., Alumnus
139. Musser, A.B., Student
140. Myers, S.S., Music Department - Miami University
141. M - Miscellaneous
142. Nelson, John G., Student
143. Newman, Harry
144. Nevin, R.M., United States Congressman
145. Nicholson, Thomas, President Dakota University
146. N - Miscellaneous
147. Ohio Anti Saloon League
148. Olds, Floyd, Student
149. Oliver, J.C., Miami Medical College
150. Olson, Oscar W., Prospective student
151. Oxford (Miscellaneous)
152. O - Miscellaneous
153. Patterson, James A., Pastor - Columbus Presbyterian Church
154. Patterson, Honrable J.R.
155. Patton and Miller Architects
156. Payrolls, Miami University (1904-05)
157. Perry, Alfred T., President - Marietta College
158. Peterson, J.E., Miami Valley Fruit Company
159. Pettingell, George H., Pastor - M.E. Church, Vermont
160. Perkins, Emma M., Secretary - Ohio College Association
161. Powell, Arthur, Superintendent - Middletown, Ohio Schools
162. Powell, E.E., Philosophy Department - Miami University
163. P - Miscellaneous
164. Ragland, Fannie J., Student
165. Rausenberger, Leona, Student
166. Rayman, Robert E., Superintendent - East Liverpool Schools
167. Reid, Whitelaw, editor - "New York Tribune"
168. R - Miscellaneous
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, S-Z; 1904-05; Box 8 [13A-A-6B]
1. Sayler, Nelson, Lawyer
2. Smith Premier Typewriter Co.
3. Stieff, Charles M. Co., (Pianos)
4. S - Miscellaneous
5. Thompson, E.P., Math Department - Miami University
6. Thompson, William O., President - Ohio State University
7. Thwing, Charles F., President - Western Reserve University
8. Thruston, Gates P., Alumnus
9. Tobey, Walter, Trustee
10. Twonsend, Horace, Prospective Student
11. Travis, John F., Applicant - Math Department
12. Treudley, F.S., Dean of Normal School - Ohio University
13. Tucker, Walter G., Fire Extinguisher Co. Representative
14. Tudor, Cora W., Women's Student Recruiting
15. Turner, Winifred, Student
16. T - Miscellaneous
17. Upham, A.H., Alumnus
18. U - Miscellaneous
19. Vallance, H.F., Superintendent - Ostrander Schools
20. Van Cleve, C.L., Superintendent - Mansfield, Ohio Schools
21. Van Deman, John, Judge
22. Vance, William M., Superintendent - Miamisburg Schools
23. Vesper, H.C., Student
24. V - Miscellaneous
25. Warner, Wilbur G., Pacific Mutual Insurance Co.
26. Waters, A.F., Superintendent - Georgetown, Ohio Schools
27. Watt, W.F.
28. Weir, Samuel, Professor and Applicant for Philosophy Department
29. Welch, Herbert, Pastor - New York M.E. Church
30. Welles, Mary C., Applicant for Dean of Women
31. Wellman, Walter, "Chicago Record Herald" Bureau
32. West, Samuel H., Ohio Senator (General Assembly)
33. Wheeler, H.J., Hotel Manager
34. White and Roudebush Co., Coal and Farm Equipment
35. Whitlock, W.F., President - Ohio Wesleyan University
36. Whitmore, Virginia, Guardian of Students
37. Who's Who, Society of
38. Wildman, B.J., Professor of Latin - Miami University
39. Willett, Herbert, Dean - Univerity of Chicago
40. Williams, Frank, Student
41. Williams, Henry G., Dean - Normal School at Ohio University
42. Williams, H.B., Ohio State Teacher's Association
43. Williams, Jesse F., Prospective student
44. Williams, Stephen R., Biology Professor - Miami University
45. Wilson, Woodrow, President - Princeton University
46. Wilson, W.H., President - Wooster College
47. Winchell, S.R., Manager - Lecture Bureau
48. Winship, A.E., editor - "Journal of Education"
49. Withrow, J.M., Trustee
50. Woodmansee, W.G., Y.M.C.A.
51. Wright, E. A. Co., College Stationary
52. Wright, John H., Dean - Harvard Graduate School
53. Wychoff, A. and Son Co., Steam Heating
54. W - Miscellaneous
55. X - Miscellaneous
56. Y - Miscellaneous
57. Young, Jesse B., Walnut Hills M.E.U.
58. "Youth's Companion"
59. Z - Miscellaneous
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-M; 1905-28; Box 9 [13A-A-6C]
1. A - Miscellaneous
2. A - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
3. Allbritain, R.L.(Chief Clerk, Office of Dairy and Food Commissioner)
4. Anderson, Rev. William F.
5. A.H. Andrews Co. (School Furniture)
6. Ankeney, Horace (Dairy and Food Commissioner)
7. Anti-Saloon League
8. Armistead, Judge Norman L.
9. Athletics (Football Rules, New York Athletic Club)
10. B - Miscellaneous
11. B - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
12. Baldwin, B.W. (Ohio House of Representatives)
13. Ballinger, Horace and John B.
14. Ballou, J.B. (Treasurer - Phi Delta Theta, Feb. 1906)
15. Barrow, Edward
16. Beals, Laura
17. Beatty. Mrs. R.A.
18. Beaugureau, A.
19. Becker, Albert and Son (Contractor - Hepburn Hall Wiring)
20. Beggs, W.D.
21. Bell, S.W.
22. Bemis, Frank M. (Public Seating)
23. Benton, Guy Potter (Personally Signed Letters)
24. Berry, J.F. (Bishop - Methodist/Episcopal Church)
25. Betz, F.M. (Betz Manufacturing Co.)
26. Billingslea, R.M. (Ohio House of Representatives)
27. Bishop, A.J. (University Secretary)
28. Bishop, Robert H. Jr.
29. Bonham, Llewellyn
30. Brandenburg, S.J. [Including correspondence concerning Lybarger Bill funding for state universities and Benton's views on ex-Miami President William Oxley Thompson's support of the Bill]
31. Brown, James T. (Beta Theta Pi)
32. Building Repairs
33. Burress, R.B.
34. E.T. Burrowes Co. (Wire Insect Scren)
35. C - Miscellaneous
36. C - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
37. Cellarius, H.F. (Internal Revenue Collector)
38. Cheshire, William (Carnegie Library Correspondence)
39. Chester, Charles M.C.
40. The John Church Co. (Piano Department)
41. Cincinnati Fly Screen Co.
42. Cole, T.R. (Tommy)
43. Coleman, David C.
44. Coppock, F.M.
45. D - Miscellaneous
46. D - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
47. Darke County Teacher's Institute
48. Dollinger, Lee A.
49. Dolliver, Jonathan P.
50. Drayer, W.H. (Heating, Plumbing, and Gas Fitting)
51. E - Miscellaneous
52. E - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
53. The Charles H. Elliot Co. (College Engravers)
54. Ellis, Alston (President - Ohio University)
55. Ellis, Wade H. (Attorney General of Ohio)
56. Ely, C. E.
57. Erodelphian Society
58. F - Miscellaneous
59. F - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
60. Fasold, Eli (Freemason Grand Secretary)
61. Fisher, G.C. (Support for Lybrager Bill)
62. Fitton, S.D. (President - 1st National Bank/Hamilton)
63. Football Game Contract (Miami-Earlham 1905)
64. Frost, H.G. (Butler Co. Board of School Examiners)
65. G - Miscellaneous
66. G - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
67. Geissinger, James Allen (Pastor - Methodist/ Episcopal Church)
68. Goff, Ethel
69. Gowdy, Rev. G.E.
70. Guthrie, J.W.
71. H - Miscellaneous
72. H - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
73. Hall, Arthur G. (University of Illinois)
74. Hamilton, Elizabeth (Dean of Women)
76. Hepburn Hall Lights (Complaints from Students)
77. Herrick, Myron S. (Ohio Governor, 1905)
78. Herron, John W. (Hepburn Hall Wiring, Various Correspondence)
79. Herron, John W. (File #2)
80. Hiestand, H.C.
81. Hill, Charles E.
82. Hinitt, F.W. (President - Central Kentucky Univ.)
83. Holliday, John H. (President - Union Trust Co.)
84. Houck, Lewis B.
85. Hughes, R.M.
86. I - Miscellaneous
87. I - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
88. Irvin, Horace
89. J - Miscellaneous
90. J - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
91. Jennings, H.C.
92. Jewett, L.M. (Lybarger Bill)
93. Johnson, Lilian W. (President - Western College)
94. K - Miscellaneous
95. K - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
96. Ketcham, Heber D.
97. Kinkhead, R.G.
98. Klock, J.E. (President - State Normal School; Plymouth, NH)
99. Kumler, T.R.
100. L - Miscellaneous
101. L - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
102. Lantis, L.O.
103. Lever, Henry
104. Library Bureau (Carnegie Library)
105. Lloyd, T.C. (Contractor for University)
106. Long, C. Ford
107. M - Miscellaneous
108. M - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recuiting
109. M - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
110. McRae, Rosa (Admission of African-American Female)
111. Miller, E.A. (Dean of Men, Oberlin College)
112. Minnich, H.C.
113. Moore, David
114. Moore, Eva Perry (Assoc. of Collegiate Alumnae)
115. Moore, Philip N. (Sale of Land near Lewis Place)
116. Morrow, Edgar K.
117. Munsch, Fred C.
118. Murlin, L.H. (Baker University).
119. Haag, John, Reid, Johnathan, Lodge, H.C.,Benton, Potter, Benton, Coleman, G A., King, E. W.
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, N-Z; 1905-06; Box 10 [13A-A-7A]
1. N - Miscellaneous
2. N - Catalog Mailings, Reqeusts, Student Recruiting
3. O - Miscellaneous
4. O - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
5. P - Miscellaneous
6. P - Miscellaneous (File #2)
7. P - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
8. Parker, Chester
9. Parrish, O.V.
10. Pattison, John M. (Union Central Life Insurance)
11. Patterson, J.R.
12. Patton and Miller Architects
13. Patton, W.M.
14. Payroll, 1905
15. Pickering Hardware Co.
16. Pittsburg Mortgage Investment Co.
17. Presbyterian Publications Correspondence
18. Q - Miscellaneous
19. R - Miscellaneous
20. R - Miscellaneous (File #2)
21. R - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
22. R - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting (File #2)
23. Railroad Correspondence
24. Reall and Co. (Stock Shares)
25. Rees, Emma L. (Benton's Cousin)
26. S - Miscellaneous
27. S - Miscellaneous (File #2)
28. S - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
29. S - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting (File #2)
30. St. Louis Button Manufacturing Co.
31. Sherzer, Jane (President - Oxford College)
32. Sigma Chi Fraternity
33. Silver, D.R.
34. Slayton Lyceum Bureau
35. Soule, O.M.
36. Sparrow, Jackson (Ohio Society of Sons of the Revolution)
37. T - Miscellaneous
38. T - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
39. Tappan, David Stanton
40. Temperance Campaign
41. Thompson, W.O. (President - Ohio State University)
42. Tobey, W.L.
43. Tobey, W.L. (Hepburn Hall Wiring Problems)
44. Thwing, Charles (President - Western Reserve)
45. V - Miscellaneous
46. V - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
47. W - Miscellaneous
48. W - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
49. W - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting (File #2)
50. Wehle, O.C. (Patton and Miller Architects)
51. Whitfield and King (Carnegie Library Correspendence)
52. Whitlock, F. W.
53. Withey, F.N. ("The New Voice")
54. Williams, F.C. ("Billy")
55. Winship, A.E.
56. Winters, F.L. (Benton's Cousin)
57. Withrow, J.M.
58. Wollam, Nora (Correspondence Concerning Attending Miami)
59. Wood, Nellye (Correspondence Concerning Attending Miami)
60. Woodmansee, B.J.
61. Wright, E.A. (Stationery)
62. Y - Miscellaneous
63. Y - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
64. Z - Miscellaneous
65. Z - Catalog Mailings, Requests, Student Recruiting
66. Zwick, Karl H.
67. Miscellaneous (Maintenance, Construction, Equip., Supplies)
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-H; 1905-06; Box 11 [13A-A-7B]
1. A - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
2. A - Miscellaneous - Individuals
3. A - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
4. American Development and Guaranty Company
5. A.H. Andrews Co.
6. "As to Miami University," (Lybarger Bill pamphlet on importance of the University)
7. Atwell, W.L.
8. Ayers, S.C.
9. B - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 1)
10. B - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 2)
11. B - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 1)
12. B - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 2)
13. B - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
14. Babbitt, James (Intercollegiate Athletics)
15. Ballou, J.B. (Lybarger Bill correspondence)
16. Ballinger, Horace and Homer (Correspondence from brothers)
17. Barlow, John
18. Barrow, Edward
19. Bartlow, B.S.
20. Beachler, Reuben
21. Beatty, R.A. and Mrs. Beatty
22. Begg, James T.
23. Beneke, Herman (Corresponence regarding recruitment of friends)
24. Bense, William E. (Benton suggests Western College)
25. Bentley, Henry
26. Benton, Guy Potter (Personally sigend correspondence)
27. Benton, Guy Potter (Lybarger Bill correspondence)
28. Benton's Report on Lybarger and Sites Bills
29. Betz Manufacturing Co. (Dispute over work performed)
30. Beugureau, A. (Oxford book dealer, letters question the competition from the Co-op Bookstore)
31. Beveridge, Albert J. (U.S. Senator)
32. Bishop, A.J. (Secretary to the University)
33. Black, Thomas B.
34. Blickensderfer, Jesse S.
35. Boddie, George (Correspondence regarding the removal of a student)
36. Bonham, Llewellyn (Electrical work performed)
37. Bonham, Scott (Lybarger Bill references)
38. Bovard, Charles L. (New pastor of Oxford Church)
39. Breese, B.B. (Pro Baseball Player)
40. Bryan, Elmer B. (Correspondence regarding dormitory)
41. Budget, 1905-1906 School Year
42. Burke, Raymond H. (Correspondence concerning employment)
43. C - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 1)
44. C - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 2)
45. C - Miscellaneous - Individuals
46. C - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
47. Campbell, Elinor H. (News of death of Samuel B. Halley)
48. Carlton, Frank (Withdrawal as candidate for professorship)
49. Carr, J.W. (Dayton Schools Supt.)
50. Charlton, Loudon G. (Correspondence concerning opera singer)
51. Civil Service Commission (Exam announcements)
52. Clark, Davis W. (Paul Lawrence Dunbar Memorial)
53. Cook, Thomas and Son (Bank note draft for Benton)
54. Coppock, F.M.
55. Cox, Catherine (Oxford College Dean, "Note Incident")
56. Crowley, Powell (Recruitment of two sons)
57. D - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
58. D - Miscellaneous - Individuals
59. D - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
60. Dabney, Charles W. (President - Univ. of Cincinnati, some letters concern rule on allowing freshmen to play sports)
61. Davis, Margretta (Appointment as teacher)
62. Delta Rho
63. Delta Zeta
64. Denman, William M. (Support for Lybarger Bill)
65. D'Oench and Yost (Architects, prospective architects for chapel and heating plant)
66. Dollinger, Lee A.
67. Dorm Furniture (Price Bids for dorm furniture)
68. Drach, Gustave (Architect for chapel and heating plant)
69. Drake, John C. (Letter of thanks for support against Lybarger Bill)
70. DuBrul, E.F. (Ohio's Athletic Situation)
71. Duvall, Marshall N. (Letter of thanks for support against Lybarger Bill)
72. E - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
73. E - Miscellaneous - Individuals
74. E - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
75. Elliott, Charles H. Co. (Engraving troubles)
76. Ellis, Alston (President - Ohio University)
77. Ellis, Wade H. (Attorney General, Constitutionality of House Bill #705, Lands of Miami University)
78. Ely, Richard T. (Univ. of Wisconsin, letters of references for Frank Carlton and Raymond Phelan)
79. Evans, Nelson W.
80. F - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
81. F - Miscellaneous - Individuals
82. F - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
83. Fink, Bruce
84. Fisher, Elam
85. Football Rules (Rule 2, prohibiting freshmen from playing)
86. G - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
87. G - Miscellaneous - Individuals
88. G - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
89. Geissinger, James Allen ("An Open Letter to W.O. Thompson")
90. Gries, J.M. (Kappa Sigma)
91. H - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 1)
92. H - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 2)
93. H - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 1)
94. H - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 2)
95. H - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
96. Hallett, Eugene R. (President - Univ. of California at Berkeley, correspondence indicating summer school will be held despite earthquake and fire in San Francisco)
97. Hamilton Club (Hamilton, OH) (Letter of Invitation to Benton)
98. Hamilton, Elizabeth (Dean of Women)
99. Harris, Andrew L. (Lt. Governor of Ohio)
100. "Hazing" Letter
101. Heckert, Charles G. (President - Wittenberg University)
102. Henn, John D. (Specifications for lavatory in Professor's office)
103. Hepburn, A.D.
104. Herndon, Carrie P. (Nomination as instructor in History)
105. Herron, John W.
106. Hill, E. Vernon (Secretary to Benton)
107. Hoiles, Frank A. (Budget figures for maintenance, and buildings)
108. Hughes, Edwin H. (President - DePauw University)
109. Hughes, R.M.
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, I-S; 1905-06; Box 12 [13A-A-7C]
1. I - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
2. I - Miscellaneous - Individuals
3. I - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
4. Irvin, Horace J.
5. J - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
6. J - Miscellaneous - Individuals
7. J - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
8. Johnson, Bruce
9. Johnson, Lilian W. (President - Western College)
10. Jones, Joshua H. (President - Wilberforce University)
11. K - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
12. K - Miscellaneous - Individuals
13. K - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
14. Kappa Alpha Theta
15. Kappa Sigma
16. King, Henry C. (President - Oberlin College)
17. L - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
18. L - Miscellaneous - Individuals
19. L - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
20. Lantis, L.O.
21. Library Building
22. Library Fund
23. Library Hours (Letter urging extended hours)
24. Lybarger Bill
25. M - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 1)
26. M - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc. (File 2)
27. M - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 1)
28. M - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 2)
29. M - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
30. Magee, J.D. (Prospective student, includes photo)
31. Minnich, Harvey C. (Dean - Ohio State Normal School)
32. Mitchell, Frank R. (Phi Delta Theta corresponence)
33. Montgomery, Ames (Board of Trustees member)
34. Munsch, Fred R.
35. N - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
36. N - Miscellaneous - Individuals
37. N - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
38. Nate, Joseph (Sigma Chi Fraternity correspondence)
39. Newman, Harry (Correspondence concerning expulsion of Newman)
40. O - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
41. O - Miscellaneous - Individuals
42. O - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
43. Oxford Cemetery
44. P - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
45. P - Miscellaneous - Individuals
46. P - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
47. Parker, U.S. (Candidate for professorship)
48. Patterson, S.J. (Letters regarding coal shipments, orders)
49. Patton and Miller, Architects (Unsuccessful bidder on auditorium)
50. Payroll (June - October, 1906)
51. Phelan, Raymond V. (Correspondence regarding appointment of Phelan)
52. Phi Beta Kappa
53. Phi Delta Theta (Correspondence concerning)
54. Political Economy, Department of (Graduates and their appointments)
55. President's Report to Governor
56. Q - Miscellaneous
57. R - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
58. R - Miscellaneous - Individuals
59. R - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
60. Reid, Whitelaw (Letters, including letter indicating Reid's donation of $5,000 dollars to Library fund)
61. Republican Publishing Co. (Hamilton, Ohio)
62. S - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
63. S - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 1)
64. S - Miscellaneous - Individuals (File 2)
65. S - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
66. San Francisco Earthquake and File, 1906 (Letters concerning Benton's family)
67. Sharp, Ben (Correspondence with son and father)
68. Sherzer, Jane (President - Oxford College)
69. Shideler, William H. (As a student)
70. Sigma Chi
71. Sites Bill (references to)
72. Smith, Albert Edwin (President - Ohio Northern University)
73. Stanton, Robert Brewster
74. Stone, F. W. (Telegram announcing Track team accomplishments)
75. "Student Holiday" (Student unrest)
76. Swing, James B. (Class rushes)
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files; 1905-06; Box 13 [13A-B-1A]
1. T - Catalogue Requests, Mailings; Miscellaneous, Etc.
2. Tausch, Edwin
3. Tobey, W. L. (Correspondence involving University)
4. Tobey, W. L. (References to Lybarger Bill)
5. U - Catalogue Requests, Mailings; Miscellaneous, Etc.
6. Upham, Alred H.
7. V - Catalogue Requests, Mailings; Miscellaneous, Etc.
8. W - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
9. W - Miscellaneous - Individuals
10. W - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
11. Welch, Herbert (President - Ohio Wesleyan University)
12. Welch, J. M. (Correspondence concerning Lybarger Bill and remarks made against President Ellis of Ohio University)
13. Whitcomb, F. C. (Candidate for teaching position)
14. Wilson, W. H. (President - University of Wooster, correspondence concerning Athletic Conference)
15. Withrow, J.M.
16. X,Y,Z - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
17. X,Y,Z - Miscellaneous - Individuals
18. X,Y,Z - Miscellaneous - Corporations, Etc.
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-Z; 1907-08; Box 16 [13A-B-2A]
1. A - Miscellaneous
2. "American Israelite"
3. "Anti- Hazing"
4. Benton's Report to Governor (Nov. 1907)
5. Benton's Views on Immigration, Third-Term Presidency
6. C - Miscellaneous
7. Church, John Co., Piano Purchase
8. E - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
9. E - Miscellaneous
10. Ellis, Alston, President - Ohio University
11. Emerson, Stanley, Student killed in October 1907, Benton's Funeral Sermon included
11a. Executive Order (Nos. 25, 28-31)
12. F - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
13. F - Miscellaneous
14. Filley, Ida, (Correspondence concerning "prank" played on her brother who was a student)
15. Fink, Bruce
16. Football Game Contract, Miami vs. Ohio Wesleyan
17. G - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
18. G - Miscellaneous, File #1
19. G - Miscellaneous, File #2
20. Gee, S.J., Father of Students Leslie and Arthur, (Correspondence concerning Arthur's lewd behavior)
21. Geissinger, J.A.
22. Gillette, John M. (Teaching Portfolio)
23. Goodwin, F.C., (Letter regarding College Lands)
24. Guy, Mary, (Letters of reference for . . . )
25. H - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
26. H - Miscellaneous, File #1
27. H - Miscellaneous, File #2
28. Hamilton, Elizabeth, Dean of Women
29. Hamman, Harry, (Benton's letter in regards to damaged wagon)
30. Hanney, Lewis H.. (Candidate for Professorship)
31. Harris, Andrew L., Governor of Ohio
32. "Hazing Bill," (Introduced in State Legislature)
33. Hepburn Hall Fire, (January 1908)
34. Hepburn Hall, (Request for new kitchen range)
35. Herndon, Carrie P., Letter in defense of Normal School
36. Herron, John W.
37. Library Fund
38. Hughes, Charles Evans
39. Hughes, R.M.
40. I - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
41. I - Miscellaneous
42. Irvin, Horace A.
43. J - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
44. J - Miscellaneous
45. K - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
46. K - Miscellaneous
47. L - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
48. L - Miscellaneous
49. Lantis, L.O.
50. M - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
51. M - Miscellaneous, File #1
52. M - Miscellaneous, File #2
53. McShane Bell Foundry (Correspondence concerning bell for Library Tower)
54. Mead, A.R., editor - "Recensio"
55. Miami vs. Ohio Wesleyan Football Game, "Forfeit"
56. Miller, Cary, (Corresponence urging Miller to stay in school)
57. Moffatt, James D., President - Washington and Jefferson College, (Letters regarding expelled student - Ben Newman)
58. Moore, Hugh M., Oxford Physician, (Correspndence regarding 'ill' students)
59. Morrison, E.V.
60. Murphy, David A., (Correspondence regarding "Lifting the Spirits of Oxford")
61. Murray Co., Contract for Commencement Tent
62. N - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
63. N - Miscellaneous
64. Nate, Joseph C.
65. National Society for the Promotion of Industrial Education
66. Newman, Ben (Phi Sigma Chi)
67. O - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.; Miscellaneous
68. O'Byrne, Ella, (Letters regarding slary of her husband, W. C. O'Byrne, as janitor of the dormitory)
69. O'Byrne, W.C., Night janitor of dormitory, (Reports of trouble with the student)
70. Ohio Anti-Saloon League
71. Ohio State University, Report of the President (W.O. Thompson), November, 1907.
72. P - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
73. P - Miscellaneous
74. Payroll (June - Dec, 1907; Jan-Feb, 1908)
75. Phelan, Raymond V.
76. Phelan, Rayomnd V., (Correspondence concerning book purchase made by former faculty member Phelan)
77. Phi Beta Kappa, Establishment of Chapter
78. Princeton University, (Letters concerning Princeton President's remarks at Inauguration of Woodrow Wilson)
79. R - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
80. R - Miscellaneous
81. Reep, S.N.
82. Republican Publishing Co.
83. Riley, Thomas J.
84. Riner, Clifford, (Student dismissed)
85. Royal Metal Manufacturing Co., (Opera chairs)
86. Runkle, Benjamin P.
87. S - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
88. S - Miscellaneous, File #1
89. S - Miscellaneous, File #2
90. Sawyer, Mary, Dean - Western College
91. Sharp, Ben
92. Sharp, Carl N., (Wants introduction to William H. Taft)
93. Sherzer, Jane, President - Oxford College
94. Shideler, William
95. Small, Albian W.
96. Smith, Paul, (Grade Cards for)
97. Snow Hill Academy, Alabama
98. Somerville, Robert N., United States Representative
99. Stine, Frederick W.
100. T - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
101. T - Miscellaneous
102. Thompson, William O., (Note of sympathy on Hepburn Hall fire, Benton's reply)
103. Thompson, William O., President - Ohio State University
104. Tobey, W.L., (Lybarger Bill references)
105. Tobey, W.L., (Correspondence regarding University Matters)
106. Todd, Edwin S.
107. U - Miscellaneous
108. "The Undoing of the Bum," (Play - Satire?)
109. Unidentified Correspondence
110. University Preachers, (List of those scheduled to speak, 1907-08)
111. Updyke, Frank, (Teaching Portfolio)
112. V - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
113. V - Miscellaneous
114. W - Catalogue Requests, Mailings, Etc.
115. W - Miscellaneous
116. Wilson, Woodrow, President - Princeton University
117. Window Broken in Dormitory, report of
118. Withrow, J.M.
119. Wilson, Albert E
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-Z; 1906-07; Box 14 [13A-B-1B]
1. A.H. Andrews Co. and American seating Company: Auditorium seating bids, grille work,and purchase of a desk
2. Africian-American students
3. Anderson, H.P., Search for YMCA general secretary
4. Andrew Carnegie library endowment
5. Applications for Greek chair
6. Asian students
7. Ballinger, Horace: Delta Rho Fraternity endorsement
8. Bartlow, B.S.: Alumni and field secretary, Miami University
9. Benton's attempt to get his niece a job at Dakota Wesleyan University
10. Benton trying to get another job: 1907
11. Carnegie Foundation for the advancement of teaching
12. Coal bids: 1907
13. Coit Lyceum Bureau
14. Contract with Fredrick Warde signed by Benton
15. Correspondence of Professor Scott E.W. Bedford
16. Correspondence of Harvey C. Brill
17. Correspondence of Gustave W. Drach; Architect
18. Correspondence of Samuel Spahr Laws
19. Correspondence of John H. Patterson
20. Correspondence of Elihu Root
21. Correspondence of William H. Taft
22. Correspondence of Walter L. Tobey
23. Correspondence pertaining to the death of Joe Stanley Emerson
24. Correspondence with the Murray Co. about tent rentals
25. Description of effectiviness of the Law in Oxford
26. Detroit Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA)
27. Dormitory Assignments
28. Executive order #23
29. Form letters referring to an increase in Miami's state subsidies
30. Lee A. Dollinger and questionable recruitment practices
31. Legislation Pertaining to the University
32. Letter referring to the creation of Fraternity row
33. Lybarger Bill: arguments against
34. Metropolitan Bureau of Music
35. Miami-Otterbein football game, 1907: questions about cheating on Miami's part
36. N.W. Ayer and Son advertising
37. Oxford College attempt to gain accredidation
38. Payroll for 1906-07 academic year
39. Problem Staff
40. Problems with coal shipments from S.J. Patterson, coal shippers
41. Proposed merger of Miami Medical College with Miami and Ohio College of Dental Surgery
42. Proposed Purchase of Front Royal, Va School
43. Pullman car incident
44. Questions about accreditation
45. Sewage problems on Campus
46. Student disipline
49. University land rentals
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files; 1906-07; Box 15 [13A-B-1C]
1. Misc. corporation solicitations, A-B
2. Misc. corporation solicitations, B-C
3. Misc. corporation solicitations, C-D
4. Misc. corporation solicitations, L-M
5. Misc. corporation solicitations, M-P
6. Misc. corporation solicitations, P-R
7. Misc. corporation solicitations, R-S
8. Misc. corporation solicitations, S-Z
9. Misc. personal and school business, A-B
10. Misc. personal and school business, B-C
11. Misc. personal and school business, C-D
12. Misc. personal and school business, L-M
13. Misc. personal and school business, L-M continued
14. Misc. personal and school business, M-P
15. Misc. personal and school business, P-R
16. Misc. personal and school business, R-S
17. Misc. personal and school business, S
18. Misc. personal and school business, S-T
19. Misc. personal and school business, T-W
20. Misc. personal and school business, W-Z
21. Misc. student requests and inquiries, A-B
22. Misc. student requests and inquiries, B-C
23. Misc. student requests and inquiries, C-D
24. Misc. student requests and inquiries, L-M
25. Misc. student requests and inquiries, M-P
26. Misc. student requests and inquiries, P-R
27. Misc. student requests and inquiries, R-S
28. Misc. student requests and inquiries, S-Z
President; Guy Potter Benton; Office Files, A-Z; 1908-10; Box 17 [13A-B-2B]
1. A - Miscellaneous
2. Alumni Library, (Correspondence regarding installation of book stacks and equipment)
3. Alumni Library Dedication
4. Alumni Library Windows, (Names chosen for ...)
5. Annual Report to Board of Trustees, 1909
6. B - Miscellaneous
7. Banks, Enoch, (Correspondence regarding his dismissal at the University of Florida)
8. "Beard - Ells," problem
9. Benton, Guy Potter, Resignation Letter and various correspondence concerning
10. Benton, Guy Potter, (Consideration as President of University of Vermont, correspondence with W.L. Tobey)
10A. Benton's Letter to the University Senate. (Sep 1908)
11. Benton, Guy Potter, Successor as President
12. Brandon, Edgar Ewing, Acting President, (Oath of Office)
13. "Brooks Affair," (Robert F. Brooks and sister, possible money coming to Library fund?)
14. C - Miscellaneous
15. Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
16. The John Church Co., (Piano Purchase)
17. D - Miscellaneous
18. Dormitory Rooms, Inspection of
19. Enrollment Figures, 1906-09
20. Executive Order (Nos. 34-41, 44-49)
21. Finch, Nellie, (Letter from Benton to . . . as a Graduate of the Centennial Class of 1909)
22. "From Absurd to Beautiful Books," Booklet by A.E. Winship
23. Gymnasium Windows, "too small"
24. H - Miscellaneous
25. Hamilton, Elizabeth, Dean of Women
26. Hughes, R.M.
27. K - Miscellaneous
28. L - Miscellaneous
29. Lewis Place, Taxes on Land
30. Library Fund
31. M - Miscellaneous
32. Miami University Fact Sheet, 1910
33. Minnich, Harvey C.
34. Murphy, David A., editor "Oxford Herald"
35. N - Miscellaneous
36. New Women's Dormitory [Bishop Hall]
37. Normal School Building, Grounds
38. O - Miscellaneous
39. Ohio Anti-Saloon League
40. Ohio Humane Society
41. Ohio State Normal School, Furniture and Cement walks
42. P - Miscellaneous
43. Patton and Miller Architects (Library Building, Women's Dormitory)
44. Phi Beta Kappa Society
45. Phi Delta Theta Memorial Gates
46. R - Miscellaneous
47. Reducing Normal School at Miami University
48. Reid, Whitelaw
49. Runkle, Benjamin, (Establishing a military company in Oxford)
50. S - Miscellaneous, File #1
51. S - Miscellaneous, File #2
52. Sawyer, Mary, Dean - Western College
53. Sherzer, Jane, President - Oxford Colleg
54. Shideler, William
55. Sigma Chi Fraternity
56. Sloane, _______, Mayor of Oxford (Letter from Benton while in Berlin, 1909
56A. Snyder, Frank R., (Snyder Manufacturing Co., Oxford)
57. Snyder, Isaac N., (Correspondence with Brandon regarding Halley's Comet)
58. Stone, Frederick, (Accusations of Drinking ...)
59. Swan, Lawrence, (Benton's Secretary)
60. Swing, James
61. T - Miscellaneous, File #1
62. T - Miscellaneous, File #2
63. Tappan, David S.
64. Taft, William Howard, President of the United States
65. Tax Levy Bill
66. Tentative Budget, 1910-11
67. Thompson, William O., President - Ohio State University
68. "To the Students of Miami University," 1910 (Letter announcing the commencement of the 1910-11 School Year)
69. Tobey, W.L. (Personal Correspondence)
70. Tobey, W.L. (University Correspondence), File #1
71. Tobey, W.L. (University Correspondence), File #2
72. U - Miscellaneous
73. Unidentified Correspondence
74. Upham, Alfred H., (Correspondence regarding his leaving)
75. V - Miscellaneous
76. VanDeman, John
77. VanDuyn, Marian (Oxford College)
78. W - Miscellaneous, File #1
79. W - Miscellaneous, File #2
80. Welch, Herbert, President - Ohio Wesleyan University
81. Withrow, J.M.
82. Widney, J.D.
83. Y.M.C.A., File #1
84. Y.M.C.A., File #2
85. Young, Sherman P.
86. X,Y,Z - Miscellaneous