Alumni/Alumni Affairs/Development; Charles Anderson and Family Materials; 1836-2003; Box 1 [4A-H-2A]
Manuscripts by Charles Anderson
1. "Protestantism in Italy" (n.d.)
2. "Intermarriage of cousins, etc." [Letter] (n.d.)
3. "Washington City" [Speech] (n.d.)
4. Portion of Biographical Sketch (?)
Printed Materials By or About Charles Anderson
1. An Address Delivered Before the Society of Alumni of Miami University, . . . Oxford, O.: Printed by John B. Peat, 1840.
2. An Address on Anglo Saxon Destiny; Delivered before the Philomathesian Society . . . . Cincinnati: Printed by John D. Thorpe, 1850.
3. Remarks of Charles Anderson, Esq. in Delivering, On Behalf of the Trustees, the Charter and Keys of the Miami University to the Rev. William C. Annderson, D.D.: The President n.p. 1850?
4. The Cause of the War: Who Brought It On, and For What Purpose? New York: Printed by William Bryant and Co., 1863.
5. Letter Addressed to the Opera House Meeting, Cincinnati. Loyal Publication Society, No. 21. New York: Printed by William C. Bryant and Co., 1863.
6. "Thanksgiving for Victory, Peace, and Our Country Saved" (November 3, 1865) [Proclamation]
7. "Charles Anderson" in John S. C. Abbott, The History of the State of Ohio (1875) [copy including corrections by Anderson]
8. Letter on William McGuffey, printed in The Miami Journal , v. 2, n.6 (March 1887)
9. Letter on Robert H. Bishop, Jr., printed in The Miami Student, v. 10, n.6 (March 1891)
10. "Charles Anderson" in untitled Lyon County, Kentucky, Historical Magazine (190-)
1. "Family Chart of the Andersons of Kentucky and Ohio" (n.d.)
2. Second Triennial Catalogue of the Officers and Graduates of Miami University, September, A.D. 1836. Cincinnati: A. Pugh, 1836.
3. "Memorial. To the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Ohio" [From Miami and Ohio Universities] (186-)
4. Forty-Second Annual Circular of Miami University . . . . May, 1867. Oxford, O.: Richard Butler, 1867.
5. Obituary news clip of Kitty Anderson, daughter of Charles Anderson (April 27, 1928)
6. "Our Family in the Americas. Dedicated to the Grand-Children of Thomas Skinner. (with comments upon racial origins and traits.)" (1936)
7. Copy of portrait of Charles Anderson from Governors of Ohio
8. Article on Anderson relative Bartley Skinner, who donated many of the materials. Sublette County Journal, v.4, n.32 (April 6, 2000); letter re. donation from Arthur and Nancy Tolley Jr. (May 27, 2003)